Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Shoe


I am propped on the front porch,
down beside the scarlet impatiens.
Glazed in dew, I await eight o' clock
when I will emerge as a needed possession.
The trials I face, such as
malodorous socks, are objectively little
compared to the high society with which I step out.
I find rumors of abandonment and rejection
to be impractical and unimaginable
knowing my value as I do.
My job security is exceptionally favored
among the socks seeking my protection.
Have I anything to fear
besides an occasional puddle?
Daily, my twin and I serve together,
bearing the weight of the world.


-Christina Emmons

Question: Who is the painting by?

5 Comments:

Blogger giancarlo tejeda said...

good photograph.. or picture

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
I found this other blog from your website. Keep it up!!!
Lauren

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when will you guys put out a new cd I mdieing over here

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vincent van gogh

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home